The Belleville Henderson Central School District recognizes that the safety of our children is a responsibility of the entire community. We offer the links below to promote this safety. Please be aware that these sites are located on external servers, and are not under the control of the Belleville Henderson Central School District.
By choosing to continue to these sites the Belleville Henderson Central School District can assume no responsibility for the accuracy or content of these external sites as mentioned in our disclaimer policy page available HERE
The District provides this information for......our faculty and staff. Staff members are instructed to report any observation of a suspicious nature on or near our grounds or in any proximity to our children.
...parents and guardians, so that they may take appropriate actions to protect the safety of their children.
A Word to Parents:The district takes the safety of your chiildren very seriously. Why not take this opportunity to teach your children to avoid situations of danger using the guidelines below.
· Remember to be very careful about strangers.
· Do not get close to a vehicle when a stranger is asking for directions or information.
· Never walk alone.
· Tell an adult if anything unusual happens.
· Always check first with a parent or a trusted adult before going anywhere, accepting anything, or getting in a car with anyone. This applies to older children as well.
· Always take a friend and do not go out alone when you are going places or playing outside.
· Know that it's okay to say NO if someone tries to touch them or treats them in a way that makes them feel scared, uncomfortable, or confused and to get out of the situation as quickly as possible.
· Tell a parent or a trusted adult if they feel scared, uncomfortable, or confused.
Information about the Sex Offender Registration Act:
The New York State Sex Offender Registration Act ("SORA") permits local law enforcement agencies to disseminate information to the community concerning Level 3 and Level 2 registered sex offenders.
According to SORA, there are 4 reportable classifications of sex offenders.
Risk of Repeat Offense
The law provides disclosure of:
1. Exact Address
1. An approximate address based on zip code
2. PictureYou may click HERE to continue to the New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services searchable Public Registry of Sex Offenders or Call 1-800-262-3257. Use the following zip codes: 13605 (Adams), 13611 (Belleville), 13650 (Henderson/Woodville), 13651 (Henderson Harbor), and 13661 (Mannsville). (Please be aware that only a small portion of the Belleville Henderson Central School District is in the 13605 and 13661 zip codes.)