ASTHMA AND ALLERGIES
Website Resources for Families
- Allergy & Asthma Network provides education, advocacy, and resources for schools and families. They have added resources specific to COVID and managing asthma, which includes webinars and downloadable posters.
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (AAAAI) is composed of allergist/immunologists, other medical specialists and allied health healthcare professionals dedicated to the practice of allergy, asthma, and immunology. They have specific resources related to COVID-19.
- American Association for Respiratory Care Guide to Aerosol Delivery Devices 4th Edition This guide contains information on different aerosol delivery technologies and aerosol. (2017)
- American Lung Association for the Health Professional Learn about the Strategies to Address Asthma that you can take to provide asthma guidelines-based care and education, and find other tools to support the student with asthma.
- American Lung Association- How To Use A Metered Dose Asthma Inhaler With a Spacer or Valved Holding Chamber (video 1:18 minutes) and How to Clean a Nebulizer (video 2:10 minutes)
- Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America Provides an Asthma Toolkit with information on required and/or suggested facemasks or coverings, physical distancing, schedule changes, and new cleaning practices.
- Clinical Questions about COVID-19: Questions and Answers | CDC In the ‘What are you look for?’ box enter nebulizer for answers to frequently asked questions about the use of nebulizers.
- CDC: Strategies to Optimize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- CDC: Using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- NYSCSH Asthma Resource Webpage provides multiple resources and guidelines on medication, devices, and management.