Your Right to Know:
Student Privacy-Protection of Pupil Rights Amendment
- See Policy 7250 in the BHCSD District Policy Manual.
If parents would like to opt out their child from participating in the following activites, please contact the Building Principal at 315-846-5411:
- Activities invloving the collection, disclosure, or use of personal information collected from students for the purpose of marketing or for selling that information, or otherwise providing that information to others for that purpose. This includes all thrid party vendors.
- The administration of any survey containing one or more of the specified eight items of information pursuant to the Protection of Pupil Rights Amendment.
- Any non-emergency, invasive physical examination or screening required as a condition of attendance, administered by the school, and scheduled by the school in advance, and that is not necessary to protect the immediate health and safety of the student or to other students. This law does not apply to any physical examination or screening that is permitted or required by state law, including such examinations or screenings permitted without parental notification.
Please refer to BHCSD District Policy Manual for more information on the following notifications:
· Access to Student Records (Policy #7240)
· APPR of Teachers and Principals ( Policy #6130)
· Disclosure of Student Records to Military (Policy #7242)
· Student Information (“Directory Information”) (Policy #7241)
In accordance with Education Law § 2-d(5)(b)(1) and Section 121.5 of the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education, disclosure of personally identifiable information from the student records of Belleville Henderson School District, including directory information, to individuals or entities other than the parent/guardian or eligible student or which is not otherwise permitted by applicable consent or provision of Education Law § 2-d, shall be predicated upon a determination that the proposed use would benefit students and Bellevilleimprove academic achievement, empower parents and students with information, and/or advance efficient and effective school operations.
· Student Privacy (Policy #7250)